Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Top Ten Books That Will Make You Swoon

Hosted here.

Top Ten Books That Will Make You Swoon

Okay, this is a little embarrassing, but I actually looked up the definition of 'swoon' in my dictionary. It said something like 'preparing to faint'. Yeah, I've adored books, but none has ever made me feel like that. However... I grabbed my trusty thesaurus and one of the words connected to swoon was 'giddy'. Okay, that one I can totally relate to. I have read books that made me giddy. Just ask the people that have to deal with me after I read them. Anyways, here we go...


10: Poison Study by Maria V. Synder
One word: Valek. This is the only book on this list solely because of the guy. Seriously, him and his relationship to Yelena are about all I remember from this book.

9: Vanish With The Rose by Barbara Michaels
I loved this book, but I also loved the relationship between the two main characters. And, it was really awesome to see a main guy with the personality that this one had. Never thought he'd get the girl.

8: Magnificent Devices by Shelley Adina
Besides having the creep finally get his comeuppance, there was also a couple of very romantic - or, at least, almost very romantic - moments between the two I certainly hope becomes a couple in the book. I just wish their relationship wasn't dragging so much...

7: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
The only thing I can say is, perhaps I should reread this book. It's on this list because I remember how it made me feel when I first read the book. Of course, I was around fourteen at the time and, well... Quite different about romance than I am now.

6: The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson
Okay, so this book isn't on the list because of any romance or 'swoon worthy' characters, though they are all awesome. This book is here because it had me enthralled from the very first page. Honestly, it's the book itself and the world that was created that I was giddy over.

5: Voyage of the Morning Dawn by Rich Wulf
Another book that's kind of on this list for an odd reason. While I did have a bit of a thing for the main guy, I was completely and totally giddy over the technology in this book. Yeah, I know, how odd can you get. But they have airships. Powered by magic. Sort of...

4: Nyphron Rising by Michael J. Sullivan
While there were some genuinely heartbreaking moments in this book, what I remember most is the way I was in stitches of laughter. Seriously, even my mom, who happened to be around whilst I was reading at one point, has to comment about it. (Yes, it was giddy laughter.)

3: Timeless by Gail Carriger
I love it when books give the secondary characters their own storylines. It's even better when two characters that are so obviously meant for each other, each of whom have to do some healing, are paired off romantically. Besides, Ivy's hats speak for themselves (and if they don't make you faint, nothing will).

2: The Camelot Caper by Elizabeth Peters
One of the first books I ever read by this author and it still remains one of my favorites to this day. Honestly, any book by Elizabeth Peters could go on this list because I always just love the relationships between the characters in her books. And she usually has such dashing men.

1: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Oh, this book was just so much fun. Really, it was also kind of an oddity because besides having very, very awesome guys, the girl in this book was just wonderful too. This was one of those 'I love these characters' type of books for me.

1 comment:

  1. I liked them all, and would highly recommend most of them. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete