Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Top Ten Favorite TTT Topics

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

The topic for this weeks top ten list is very different. In celebration of five years of Top Ten Tuesdays, (Happy Birthday!) the ladies are asking us to list our ten favorite topics. I've not been doing these lists for that five years - not even two years, and some of those months very sporadically - but I was really looking forward to this topic ever since I heard about it. I scrolled back through my listing of Top Ten Tuesday posts, and here are my ten favorite topics.

Top Ten Favorite TTT Topics

This was my first ever Top Ten meme and I loved doing it. Pretty much everything I wrote still holds true to this day.

Okay, so this prompt was too odd for me not to have making a list. Looking back on it, I still think these people would be fun to hang out with.

In protest of abusive/indifferent parents and orphans in literature. Honestly though, I love it when the main characters have a loving - sometimes annoying - family.

It's so much fun to look at this list over a year after I did it and see that everything still holds true. It's also interesting to think what I'd be reading if I hadn't read even one of these books.

I'm one of those weird people. You give me two books that sound exactly the same, only one has a good, solid friendship and the other has a good, solid romance, and I'll chose the friendship book every time.

It's always so much fun to do lists like this, but it might just be even more fun to look back on them and see if they're still accurate. This one is still accurate.

Romance isn't a go to genre for me, but I've read enough and read enough books where it crops up to have a pretty good idea what works for me and what doesn't. From only February so still totally accurate.

Part of the reason why I love trilogies and series are because it's so hard to say goodbye to people that you've grown to love. Even re-reading a book isn't the same as reading it for the first time.

I love book covers. It's funny though, for several of these books I chose, my feeling after reading the book has colored my opinion on the cover. Certainly not a 'judge a book by it's cover' moment.

I always get anxious when I recommend books, (what if they don't like? what if they hate it? *bites fingernails*) but I had fun with the list (so long as I didn't think too much about what I was doing) and loved reading it again after all these months.

Ten topics that I loved doing and hope to see more like them in the future. What do you think? Good topics? Bad topics? Oh my gosh, how could you choose those topics? My linketh takes you too my original post on the topic. Love to hear what you think and would love to see your lists this week.