Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Top Ten Hyped Books I've Never Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

So, should these be the books that everyone that knows me will go 'of course she's not read that. She probably doesn't want to, either' or the books that will make people go 'why haven't you read that?' You know, typing it out like that, I think one will certainly be a lot more fun than the other. If you'd like to see 'Top Ten Fantasy Books I Can't Believe I Haven't Read' and 'Top Ten Books I'll Probably Never Read' just click the links. I tried really hard to not have any books on this list that were on either of the others.

Top Ten Hyped Books I've Never Read



Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Totally cheating with this one because I have actually been reading the series and this is the last one I have left. But, it is a hyped book that I haven't read. Yet, anyhow.



City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Kind of cheating with this one, too. I'll read it. Sometime. (I even have a used copy of it.) After all, I did wind up liking The Infernal Devices series a lot more than I ever expected.


The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
So, I've looked at this book several times and while I think I might want to read it, I'm a firm believer in 'when in doubt, give me a hook'. This book don't have an interesting enough opening to override me feeling that I won't care for it.


Divergent by Veronica Roth
This is another book that I think I might want to read, but something keeps holding me back from it. (Probably the whole 'well-loved book usually means Amy doesn't enjoy it much'. Yeah, probably that.)


Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
I want to read this book. I'd want to read it even more (in truth, I'd probably already have read it) if it wasn't for the first person perspective. Oh well, I can't have everything.


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
So, I shouldn't even have this book on here because everyone that knows me knows that I'll never read this book. (Only because it's not my type of book. At all.) But, I see it everywhere (or, have seen it everywhere) and am so sick of it being hyped. (Yes, I said it, the book that everyone loves hold no interest to me.)


I have been seeing so many bloggers talking about this book or having it on TTT lists - even my local Walmart had it for awhile (and all they've got for YA books are Divergent, Maze Runner and John Green). I didn't think this book was so hyped, but I'm starting to realize it is.


The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
This book has went from 'I have zero interest in it' when it came out last year to 'I want to read it' now. While it's not my usual type of book, I want so badly to meet this main girl because the things I've heard said about her makes her sound like just my kind of character.


The Selection by Kiera Cass
I have this strange fascination with reality shows. I don't actually watch them anymore, but whenever a book sounds like a reality show, or the characters take part in one, I am immediately interested. While I'm not really sure this is my type of book, I'll probably be reading it eventually.



A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
While this book sounds right up my alley (except for the whole fae bit) I don't know that I can read another Maas book. Ever. (Let's just say, she broke my faith.) I'm also really curious if, after this book has been out a few more months to a year, it's still as hyped.






This is is pretty evenly broken down into books I want to read and books I'll possibly/probably never get around to reading. Now this will answer the question though (that no one ever thought to ask me) about which books that are hyped do I seldom read. (Dystopia, apparently. I've got four on my list.) How about you? What books that are hyped have you not read? Do you think I totally need to read some of these? (Because most of them I'm pretty game to read, even if I never get there because I get distracted by something else.)