Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Top Ten Author Duos I'd Love To See Write A Book Together

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

I tell you, those brains behind TTT's over at The Broke and the Bookish are giving us some great topics. Not only this week's and last week's, but some of the upcoming ones are totally awesome sounding! Anywho, this is going to be crazy difficult because I...well, let's just see what happens.



Lindsay Buroker & Gail Carriger
So, I think I'm probably mostly saying this because they are two of my favorite authors. Both are obviously comfortable in the steampunk genre and both have a wonderful sense of humor. I would totally love to see these two ladies putting their heads together and making a steampunk/fantasy/urban fantasy mix with great characters and lots of humor.

Breeana Puttroff & Charlie N. Holmburg
For sweet fantasy books, these two authors are probably about the best. I'd love to see them get together and do a fantasy/historical book with lots of heart.

Tanya Huff & Martha Wells
I'm totally not sure what kind of book this would be, taking a space opera sci-fi author (at least, that's what I've read of hers) and a portal fantasy author and squishing them together. But there's just something about their writing style and their characters that makes me think this could be even more epic than they are alone.

Jeff Grubb & Don Bassingthwaite
I am picturing a totally epic fantasy with great characters and spots of humor and heart. It could be epically convoluted with heroes/villains popping up all the time. It would probably also have a hodgepodge of races.

Marissa Meyer & Rosamund Hodge
I don't know if it's because all I've read of theirs is fairytale retellings, but I think these two authors would complement each other wonderfully. (And I totally see it being an advanced race fantasy.)

Michael J. Sullivan & Chris Wooding
I tried to shake this - because, the truth is one is probably my favorite author ever and the other is one I really like but think has a slight weakness in his writing. However, I have been unable to get this duo out of my head. The truth is, I don't know what kind of book this would be, but I'd read it.

Kady Cross & Cassandra Clare
Once again, I like one of these authors more than the other, but I really think each has strengths and weaknesses that would be balanced out by the other. I'm definitely picturing a steampunk/romance and I think these two ladies would be awesome at it.

Leigh Bardugo & Morgan Rhodes
This could be awesome. Okay, so I think both these ladies have some great fantasy books, but putting them together? I can't help but think that that would be the book of the year. Without a doubt I'm picturing a fantasy with lots of intrigue, fights and romance.


And, that's it. I know there was only eight, but honestly, the other authors I keep pairing up...I'm just not feeling. In fact, some of these seem pretty strange, but I think they'd work. Love to know what you think and who you've got!