Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Top Ten Fictional 'Families' I'd LOVE To Spend Thanksgiving With

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week we are left with quite a few options, just staying Thanksgiving themed. Well, I knew within five minutes of reading this prompt what I wanted to do. There are some great families in the books I read and some of my favorites, as you'll see, aren't even related by blood.



The Emerson Brood
Amelia Peabody mysteries by Elizabeth Peters
This would be especially fun after the family starts to grow and you get children and cousins and nieces and grandchildren. This would also totally overwhelm me, but it'd be fun.

The London Institute 'Family'
The Infernal Devices by Cassandra ClareI'd love to hang out with these people and this is definitely a case of 'the more,the merrier' because if we could get the whole group together, that'd be great.
The Ketty Jay 'Family'
Tales of the Ketty Jay by Chris Wooding
They might be dysfunctional, but I think hanging out with them for a thanksgiving dinner would be a total blast. Of course, I'd be thrilled to head for home then, I bet.

Heist Society 'Family'
Heist Society by Ally Carter
I gave this a lot of thought as to why, exactly, I'd want to spend a thanksgiving meal with these people, and I realized: I want to hear tales of heists, cons and straight up thefts.

The Cragbridge Family (plus anyone they bring along)
Cragbridge Hall by Chad Morris
I'd totally love to spend thanksgiving with the three generations of the Cragbridge family and anyone else they bring with them. And I know they'd bring people. Maybe 'grandfather' would even let me try out some of his inventions.

The Emperor's Edge 'Family'
The Emperor's Edge by Lindsay Buroker
Not quite as dysfunctional as the Ketty Jay bunch, but oh so much fun. They'd be a blast to hang out with and I might not want to leave after dinner's over.
The Tarabotti/Macon/Akeldama Family (+friends)

The Custard Protocol by Gail Carriger
I'd love to sit down to a bustling dinner table that had all the werewolves, vampires and humans (preternatural and otherwise) that we've come to know and love gathered around it. Of course, it would also have to include those not related by birth or adoption.

The Lovegrove Family
The Lovegrove Legacy by Alyxandra Harvey
Dinner with the three Lovegrove cousins and their parents (and, possibly their beaus) would not be boring in the least - but I think it'd be a lot of fun!


And...that's it. I know that's only eight, but I would have been reaching a little too much to come up with two more. What I find really interesting is that only two, possibly three, of these are actually blood related families. The rest aren't blood related, but they are totally families nonetheless.

I'm really excited to see what everyone else did for this Thanksgiving themed 'freebie!'