Monday, December 7, 2015

December TBR


I did some maintenance on my TBR jar this month. I went through the whole thing, making sure I had every book written down and removing any books I read or got rid of. (For a total of 31 books!) If I keep this jar (lately it's been kind of useless) I plan on doing this quarterly, with the turning of the seasons.

Now on to what I'm reading this month! (At least, hopefully.) (11/28)



The first paper is green (fantasy) and it is
The Empyrean Key by J.L. Tomlinson
I was more excited about this book before I got a little more information on it, but I still want to read it because of diversity and because there should be some good banter here. (Though I've heard it isn't banter but the characters are actually mean to each other, so I'll see how it hits me.)






The second paper is orange (audio book) and it is
Dodger by Terry Pratchett
I've been wanting an audio book! I almost started one last month, but didn't. (Obviously.) Definitely looking forward to this, because it's probably the 'safest' of the audio books that I've got for me.

The third paper is green (fantasy) and it is
The Gate of Gods by Martha Wells
You should have seen me when I read that title, both my fists went straight up into the air. Needless to say, I'm excited. I've read the first two books in the series and loved them and I can't wait to finish the story.





The fourth paper is green (fantasy) and it is
Fireblood by Jeff Wheeler
Okay, I mean, I love fantasy, but this is getting to be a little much. I am very interested in this book, it really sounds like my kind of fantasy so, fingers crossed.








The fifth paper is red (contemporary) and it is
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
I've been promising myself since spring that I would finish this series this year. So here's to hoping that I finally do. (Yes, first reading.)







The sixth paper is green (fantasy) and it is
Books 2-4 of The Circle of Magic by Tamora Pierce
I actually rolled my eyes when I saw that this paper was green. However, any thoughts of putting the paper back left when I saw what books I drew. I already read the first book some time back, after being warned that the four books are really more one long book than four separate ones. So I promised myself I'd read the next three together.




The seventh paper is yellow (sci-fi) and it is
Starbridge by A.C. Crispin
Finally got a sci-fi. I'd kind of been waiting for that, but hadn't expected it to be one I just got. I've heard a few things about this book that makes me super interested in it, and I'm really excited to read it.






And, I think I'll stop there. I do wish I'd gotten a bit more of a selection, but if I read at the rate I did last month, I'll be able to add a few more books later on. I've got several books here that I'm pretty comfortable with so that should help balance things out with the books I'm taking a chance on.