Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Top Ten Favorite Books Of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

These type of posts are always so much fun for me! I love looking back over the year and picking out favorite books and just looking at all the things I've read. Sadly, my opinion cannot remain uncolored. By that I mean, if I loved the first book but hated the second (or third, or fourth) it won't be on this list because, even though I loved the first book, later things in the series colored my thoughts too much. Of course, these lists are also so difficult because what do I include? What do I leave off? Decisions, decisions.



Prudence by Gail Carriger
<3 Love this book so much. Gail Carriger is one of my favorite authors, and this is without a doubt one of my favorite books of hers.









The Wizard Hunters by Martha Wells
Both the first two books in this series have been so much fun, but I went with the first one, because I love it just a bit more than the second.









The Spirit Rebellion by Rachel Aaron
Finally sat down and read this book and it was great. Can't figure out why I kept putting it off for so long!









Valor's Choice by Tanya Huff
Slightly less excited for the sequel after finding out we don't follow the same people, but this book was awesome!









Republic by Lindsay Buroker
I love pretty much anything by Lindsay Buroker, but this book, being a fairly 'final' addition to the series, really hit me in a good way.









A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas
Shocking, isn't it? This is probably the single book that I've talked about the most on my blog this year. I just love everything about it.









The Avatar Battle by Chad Morris
While I really liked the first in the series, I absolutely loved this one. I totally can't wait to finish this series!









The Stepsister Scheme by Jim C. Hines
Talk about totally unexpected. I never expected to like this book very much, much less love it the way I do. Recommended for people that like fairytale retellings that feature strong women and racial as well as sexual diversity.







The Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz
This book was so much fun and I absolutely adore it! (Funny, the very day I made this post, I saw a magazine at the checkout line with these four characters on it!)








The Child Prince by Honor Raconteur
An abrasive artifactor helps a prince cursed with reverse ageing. What's not to love? (Well, would have been a tiny bit better without the romance.)







And there we have my ten favorite books of the year. (Subject to change at random and without notice.) I will admit, I left a certain super-popular book off because it is super-popular. I really did love the book, but everyone else does too, so I decided to go with something that maybe someone hasn't heard of in hopes of getting them to read it. (Book is question: Winter by Marissa Meyer.)


Have you read any of these books? Can I convince you too? What were the best books you read this year?