Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Top Ten Favorite New To Me Authors

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

New to me authors - those I read in 2015 for the first time. I'm definitely excited about doing this list because I'm really curious how many really great author's I've read this year!





Rhiannon Thomas
Book(s) Read: A Wicked Thing
Really? Is anyone surprised to see her top my list? Love the book, super excited for the sequel. If you've not read the book, you should. Surely you know the drill by now. ;)







Martha Wells
Book(s) Read: The Wizard Hunters & The Ships of Air
Quirky fantasy with a very quirky leading lady. <3









Jim C. Hines
Book(s) Read: The Stepsister Scheme
Diversity and strong females and fairytale retellings that turn the known tales on it's head? I'm sold!







Tanya Huff
Book(s) Read: Valor's Choice
Any author that can take what was supposed to be a lighthearted sci-fi romp and make it give me a book hangover has to be here!

Richelle Mead
Book(s) Read: Vampire Academy
Even though I had kind of a kneejerk reaction to this book - and, truthfully, the character of Rose - I wound up loving it.







Ruby Lionsdrake
Book(s) Read: Mercenary Instinct & Trail and Temptation & The Assassin's Salvation
Totally cheating on this one because this is a pen name for one of my favorite authors (Lindsay Buroker) but I couldn't avoid having these smutty, romance-y, sci-fi adventures on this list!





Melissa de la Cruz
Book(s) Read: The Isle of the Lost
As much as I love this book, I'm unsure I'll ever read the author's other work, but still!








Jennifer Bradbury
Book(s) Read: Wrapped
Cute and smart with a smattering of Egyptology, (not enough, but when is there ever?) this book was so much fun.







Dom Testa

Book(s) Read: The Comet's Curse
This series is definitely going to be one of my new sci-fi obsessions - due in part to the amazing diversity of the cast!







Patrick Weeks
Book(s) Read: The Palace Job
So very, very much my kind of fantasy book and I am super excited to continue the series!







Roughly in order, too. Have you read any of these authors? What did you think? Do you want to read any of these authors/books? Who are your favorite newly discovered authors?