Monday, February 8, 2016

Cover Talk: Silhouette Profile

Cover Talk

Welcome to the first edition of a semi-regular new feature here at Pages of Starlight! I've been thinking for a long time about introducing a feature where I get the chance to talk about various covers (trends and uncommon ones) and what I like and dislike. (Maybe even get a little deeper than that, occasionally...) And, considering that February is looking a little light on the posting front, I thought what better time to do this than now. (Besides, I'm bored. Like super bored. So I should blog, no?)

For my first post, I decided to feature book covers that feature silhouette profiles. This is something that I didn't even know was a thing, but I love it! (Covers should take you to the Goodreads page, if you're interested in the book.)



First we have the classic/classy covers. The ones that remind me so strongly of those little old carved 'cameos.'



Next are the more showy ones. The colors are brighter or the style is more in your face.



Then there are the covers that are playful and cute.



And, finally, the face off. Or two people looking like they're going to kiss. The covers that remind me of that old test 'what do you see?' and some see two facial profiles and others, a vase.


Personally, my favorites are the first - classic style - and the third - the more playful style.

Confession time: I have totally not read any of these books. ^_^' If you'd like me to feature a certain type of book cover, let me know. (Of course, I make no guarantee that I will, but it just might capture my attention.)