Thursday, February 25, 2016

February Book Haul

I definitely feel like I went a little crazy buying books this month, but it was my birthday, so that's totally okay. Right?

Physical Books...



Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
The Prophecy Con by Patrick Weeks

Kindle Books...



Gilded Ashes by Rosamund Hodge
The Scarecrow King by Jill Myles
Radiance by Grace Draven



A Devilish Slumber by Shereen Vedam
The Ruins of Karzelek by Ruby Lionsdrake
The Bright Court by Anthea Sharp



The Dreamer's Curse by Honor Raconteur
Volcrian's Hunt by T.L. Shreffler

So, I felt like I was running out of things to read on my kindle. That's the only way I can explain this.

I also bought my first adult coloring book - The Time Garden by Daria Song.



It's really neat because it tells a story about a your girl's journey through a clock. (I also totally did not include it on my ban.)

And I bought myself gifts.

I've been doing this for years now, where I'll buy myself something that I consider my birthday gift to me. Sometimes it's a TV show - sometimes it's a couple of books. Well, this year it was three books.



Loki: Agent of Asgard: Trust Me by Al Ewing & Lee Garbett
This is the bind up of, I think, the first 5 volumes. I've actually never gotten truly involved in reading comics, but considering how much I love the character of Loki from the MCU, (and most versions of Loki, anyway) this seemed like the obvious place to start. (Just like my manga, I am not including comics in my ban in any way.)

Kingdom of Ashes by Rhiannon Thomas
How could I not buy this for my birthday? I mean, it released ON my birthday! It's like a sign!

Fire Falling by Elise Kova
This wasn't actually supposed to be part of my gift, but once I held it in my hands and saw that gorgeous, gorgeous cover in person, I couldn't resist. I loved and adored the first book, but I am super terrified of this one. Because I can totally see everything falling apart and my poor little - half shriveled and slightly dead - heart getting pulled from my chest. And quite possibly stomped on. Just so long as I still like the people, that's all I'm asking for.

Finally, I got books as birthday gifts!
Yay! My mom knows me so well. :)




The Hero's Lot by Patrick W. Carr

The Worlds of Earth by Pauline Marquez




Celtic Designs by Carol Schmidt

And, finally, this absolutely gorgeous book. This actually tells the story of the hunt for and the discovery of his tomb and has some beautiful pictures of his sarcophagus, hieroglyphics and statues from his tomb.



The Gold of Tutankhamen by Kamal El Mallakh & Arnold C. Brackman


Buying ban information to date...
I can buy/get free 1 book for every 5 I read.
Series continuations are free.

Physical books read: 38
E-books read: 23

Physical books bought: 2
E-books bought: 5