Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Top Ten Bookish Things That Make Me Happy

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

Why is the only thing that came to my mind when I first read this topic as 'bookworm delights' Turkish Delight? I've never even eaten it, but that's the only thing I could think of! Anyway, I'm sure I'll have forgotten something that I should have had on this list and I'll feel like a real idiot when I see it on someone else's and go 'oh, yeah, that!'


#1 Giving Book Suggestions
I usually get very nervous about suggesting books to people (what if they hate it?) but the few times I've shoved my nerves to the side and left book recommendations and been later told that they loved the book? There's no better feeling!

#2 Old Book Smell/New Book Smell/Pretty Much Any Book Smell
Except for those icky ones. Like cigarettes. Or mice. Blech. And I'm supposed to hold that book to read it? But, anyway, I do love the smell of old books - but I think I'm especially partial to the smell of new paper and ink.

#3 Finding An Author That I Love And That Has A HUGE Backlog
A lot of the authors I love are still fairly new and turning out a book a year on average. But, when I find an author that's been writing since around the 80's or 90's and that I love, it's so much fun to pour over all their books deciding what to read next.

#4 Finding That Book No One Else Knows About
And the promptly talking about it every chance I get. LOL But I do love finding a book that's a 'hidden gem' if you will and discovering that it's wonderful and I love it and so many more people should know about it.

#5 A Truly Good Free Book
I won't say all free books are good. They're usually self-published and there is actually a HUGE variety in quality. But, sometimes I take a chance on a free book and it turns out to be AMAZING. That's great.

#6 Being Transported To Another World
I think that's the reason right there that I love fantasy so much. (Well, that and the fact that popculture references annoy me and I hate it when brands are name dropped. Anyway...) I love feeling like I've been transported to another place and/or time and then that feeling when I come back to this world like 'where am I now? Why do't we have that kind of magic/science?'


And...I can't think of any more. I know I'm probably forgetting a bunch, but this is all I've got right now. How about you?