Thursday, May 5, 2016

Thoughts on Monthly TBR's and my May TBR

I honestly cannot remember the last time I actually read everything I was supposed to for the month.

I've tried picking out more books than I could possibly read in the hopes that I'd make it through some of them - only to not be interested in any of them. I've tried picking out only a couple, hoping that I'd at least make it through them - only to have those be the LAST books I want to read that month.

I really love the idea of TBR's.

I do. I love them.

I love sharing with you what I'm excited to read this month and what I can't wait to start and the books I'm finally taking the plunge with.

These used to be some of my favorite posts to write because they got me really excited for the month's books. Even now, though they're sagging and weak most of the time, I still like going through my books deciding what sounds the best.

But the problem is that what sounds the best today won't be what sounds the best next week. And too many times I've been left stuck staring at a book that doesn't appeal to me at all right now.

So, this month my TBR consists of…

What ever I want to read!

LOL…

To be honest with you, I don't really see myself sticking with any real TBR this month, so, instead of picking out books…

In the month of May I'd like to:

  • Read at least three series continuations
  • Read at least one standalone
  • Read one anthology
  • Read at least one 400+ page book


I think these are all things that should be pretty easy for me to follow - and they're things that I should truly look forward to.

Now, I'd love to hear from you if TBR's work well for you or not - and any tips and tricks you use when it comes to picking out your next read.