Friday, July 29, 2016

July Wrap-Up


This month has been...absolutely unproductive for reading or anything to do with my blog. I do feel somewhat bad about this - especially the comments that I haven't responded to yet, I will, I promise! - but also I just have no energy or desire to do much of anything.

I do wish there was some way I could add my fanfiction stories I've been reading, because in the past month, I bet I've read 2000 pages of that. At least. Because when it comes time to read, that's all I really want to read. (At least I have been reading things anyway, and it's not like I completely stopped.)

So, there's a shift coming on, that I'll bring up next month.

What I've read...


Pandora Hearts Vol. 6 by Jun Mochizuki - *****
Pandora Hearts Vol. 7 by Jun Mochizuki - *****
More Than A Man by Emily Ryan-Davis & Elise Logan - **


I'm currently 'in the middle of' two books that, no matter how much I think I like or should like, I have no interest in picking them up when I have an extra five minutes.


What I've Watched...

So, this month I watched Teen Wolf season 2 at a rate of at least two episodes a night, every night. (At least it's a short season, because otherwise...) I can't explain it, but there's something so compelling about that show. (Though I could do without all the Scott/Allison drama and the Argent family is almost entirely a bunch of nutjobs!)

Also watched season six of Rizzoli & Isles (almost as quickly as Teen Wolf). I hear that next season is supposed to be the last and while I am glad that the show won't stretch on until I can't even watch it anymore, I will miss it because these six season have been awesome!

Rewatched
I've been making my way through the X-Men animated series from back in the '90's and I probably won't be able to finish it because - wow - some of these people are insufferable. I mean, I never liked Scott or Jean (seriously, in the movies they were terrible) but even some of my favorites like Wolverine and Gambit are starting to get on my nerves. And I could do without all the stuff that last episode had with Rouge. At least I still like Storm. And Beast. They are awesome. (And this had made my re-think my desire to rewatch all the live action movies in preparation for Apocalypse when it hits DVD.)

I also finally finished Birds of Prey which I, sadly, do not like anywhere near as much as I did the first time around. Oh well, it's still worth a watch for most episodes. (And the always stellar Harley Quinn.)