Sunday, November 27, 2016

Fandom Mashups - Prehistoric!

So, in my quest to find different, fun things to do for my blog, I found Fandom Mashups at Lunar Rainbows. The brain behind this says 'The idea here is that every week, I propose a unique fictional scenario and then build a personal dream team of 5 fictional characters from 5 different fandoms to help tackle each scenario!'


In your frequent time travels - you know, the usual - you've miscalculated and ended up in prehistoric times. Who do you think would be best suited to help you adapt and survive? 

After hearing what this week's topic was, I knew I had to do it because I love dinosaurs and prehistoric worlds.



Professor George Challenger - The Lost World
I'm talking about the one from The Lost World TV series from...the early 2000's? So, if you don't know, Challenger is one of the scientific minds behind the journey to a lost plateau where the team finds dinosaurs. While I think there's a good chance his natural curiosity will get us into trouble, he knows his science and is handy enough with a gun.



Zippo - Dinotopia
The dinosaur. Recommending the book. So, Zippo would be out of his comfort zone, which is mostly spending time in the library with the records, but he is a dinosaur and it would be super helpful to have a translator so I could talk to all the other dinosaurs. Right?


Dr. Alexander Hartdegen - The Time Machine
Is it cheating to say I want a guy that built a time machine? Because, seriously, I will eventually want to get back to my own time and...well. That being said, it has to be this version of the guy because I never saw any of the other movies and when I tried to read the book it nearly bored me to death.


Violet Song jat Shariff - Ultraviolet
Well, someone has to be the muscle of this group and protect the rest of us. The only slight problem is that she does eat blood soo...I hope she doesn't mind dinosaur blood?


Abby Maitland - Primeval
Okay, she actually did the whole 'surviving with the dinosaurs' thing already - so I figure shes got to know some secrets about, you know, not dying. Besides, she knows lizards/dinosaurs and her way around a gun.


I probably won't die right away. I hope. Who would you want on your team in the event of time travel failure and winding up in prehistoric times?