Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Top Ten Bookish Related Things I'm Thankful For

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

I totally wanted to make this a list of books I was thankful for - but that might tend to run a little past ten, so you get me trying to be all sincere and stuff instead. (Which I kind of totally suck at.)



#1 Books
Okay, so it's not a bookish thing, but without books my life would be so flat-out lacking.

#2 My Kindle
I don't use it as much as I did after I first got it - finally caught up on those books I wanted to read - but there is something so super convenient about being away from home and literally having a library at my fingertips.

#3 Fanfiction
I'm a total nerd about my favorite movies and shows and I love reading fanfiction.

#4 Goodreads
Honestly, the obsessive organizer in my (she's there, just buried really deep) loves keeping track of books and making plans for what to read and buy next.

#5 Playlists in the Back of Books
I've only read two books that do this, but this totally needs to be a thing where the author lists what they were listening to while writing or what inspired them for the story. Totally.

#6 Movie Adaptations
They can suck. Believe me, I've seen my share that did. But, I love how movie adaptations reaches more people and inspires a lot of them to read the book.

#7 The Book Blogging Community
I've been blogging now for almost two full years and I never felt unwelcome or out of place or anything like that. You guys are seriously the greatest for making a poor little nervous introvert feel welcome!

#8 Memes and Challenges and Readathons and Events
I love the things that bring this community closer. All the stuff that lets you get to know each other a bit better while still fawning over books.

#9 Readers That Speak Out About Our Need For Diversity
We've still got a long way to go, but the progress we made is nice to see and respect to the people that never shut up about needing diversity. (I don't have the energy for that kind of campaign, but so much gratitude to those that do!)

#10 Authors That Are Actually Available To Fans
I'm not so young that I don't remember a time when authors were this mysterious creature that were only seen in public during interviews or book signings. (Okay, that hasn't changed much.) But I love how much more accessible so many authors are nowadays, with their own blogs or twitter.


Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! What bookish things are you thankful for?