Friday, January 13, 2017

2017 Reading Challenges

Pages of Starlight's Speculative Fiction Challenge
(A challenge created by me for me - though you're welcome to join in!)

#1 A Fairytale Retelling

#2 A Historical Fantasy

#3 A Book From NPR's Top 100 SF/F List

#4 A Non-British/American Steampunk

#5 Crossed With Another Genre (like a sci-fi mystery)

#6 A Manga (or 15)

#7 A Comic Book

#8 An Urban Fantasy

#9 A Classic

#10 About Superheroes

#12 A Western (Space Western or Cattle Punk)

#13 An Earth-Based Sci-Fi

#14 A Sci-Fi With Aliens

#15 Based Around a Non-White Culture

#16 With a POC Main Character

#17 With a LGBTQIA Main Character

#18 With an Aro or Ace Character

#19 Written By a POC Author

#20 Has a M/M Romance

#21 Has a  F/F Romance

#22 Published Last Year


#23 Published Before 2000


#24 A Novella



Pages of Starlights ReRead Challenge
I don't reread enough books. I'm usually so focused on the next new book that I never get back to the books I loved. This year I'd like to change that. I'd like to reread at least 12 books this year.


Title - Author Here



I had so much fun with my challenges from last year, I decided to do them again!

Pages of Starlight's Chunky-Book Challenge
(Adult 400+ YA 500+)
I plan to read 12 chunky books this year - or as many as I can find that sounds good, whichever comes first. (I don't even have 12 chunky books on my TBR!)


Title - Author Here




Pages of Starlight's Finish-the-Series Challenge
My goal is to finish 12 series this year.
I'm also including series I've caught up on if there's no indication when/if it'll be finished.


Series by Author Finished




Pages of Starlight's TBR-Clean-Up Challenge
Read some of those books I've had on my TBR list for over a year.
Not my physical TBR.


Book - Author Here