Wednesday, February 8, 2017

T5W - There's a certain trend that I love seeing

Top 5 Wednesday is a group on goodreads that you can find here. Every week - or less for some of us ;) - the members get together and post five books that pertain to a specific topic.

Today's topic was actually supposed to be 'books tends I'm tired of seeing' but the simple fact is, I don't know of any trends (besides the love triangle that everyone talks about). This is probably because I don't read a lot of the 'new, hot thing' in books. I've tried them but...let's just say they usually don't work well for me.

So, instead of trying and most likely failing to come up with five trends I'm tired of, I decided to make mention of the one trend that I'm seeing a lot more of in 2017. (And even a little in 2016.)

Diversity.

If you look as some of the upcoming books in 2017, there is an almost miraculous amount of diversity to be found. I've found books that feature POC, culture that isn't white, gay/lesbian romance and I've been hearing talk of disabled characters as well as a few that feature various religions.

The simple fact is, all the people that always ask for/demand diversity in books deserve a huge thank you - and the authors that have been listening deserve applause.

I'd love to hear what diverse (in any way) book you're most looking forward to this year!