Thursday, February 23, 2017

Today's My Birthday - So Here's a Tag to Get to Know me a Little Better


As you might have guessed, today is my birthday. I'd been thinking and thinking about a special post to do for today - and instead of my other main ideas that just seemed like too typical (like a list of favorite books) or too chore-like (a list of things I want to do/read before I turn another year older) I decided to let all of you get to know a little more about me.


What is your middle name?
Marie. I used to want it to be Maria, but now I'm actually pretty happy with it. (And Amy Maria just sounds odd!)

What was your favorite subject at school?
Science. Before math got strange (what is Algebra even?) I liked it too. Same with language before diagramming a sentence cropped up. I also liked history if it covered things from over a thousand years ago. But science was my true love all through school.

What is your favorite drink?
Cream soda. (I especially adore Zevia brand soda because it's sugar free and doesn't have any of those nasty chemical sweeteners that grow third eyes onto worms.)

What is your favorite song at the moment?




Fire Escape by Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
I honestly have loved everything I've heard of his so far and...I think...this might be my favorite to date.

What is your favorite food?
Curry. And wontons. And pizza.

Favorite book of all time?
I...don't actually have one. The books I used to call my favorites just don't do it for me anymore. My current favorite book though is An Accident of Stars by Foz Meadows. I am obsessed with that book. Oh, and Martha Wells Books of the Raksura series. Those are awesome too.
Favorite Color?
Green. And grey. And blue. And black.

Do you have any pets?
Not currently. This is the first time in my life since I was about five that I've not had at least a dog. But, you know, it's kind of nice not having to be responsible for an animal.

Favorite holiday?
Halloween. Without a doubt. I love the spooky-ness and the atmosphere. October is also my favorite month and fall is my favorite season.

Are you married?
Nope. Never plan to get married, either.

Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?
Never. In fact, in my memory, I know of no time that I was even a hundred miles away from where I now live. (My family moved across three states when I was less than a year old, but since then, we've never lived further than a mile from where I do right now.) There's plenty of places I'd like to go, but I think I'm probably too much of a homebody for it to ever happen.

Do you speak any other language?
I'm definitely not fluent in anything but English - and sometimes not even that - but I know a little Japanese and can usually roughly translate written French. Otherwise, I wouldn't starve in Mexico. Or Germany.

How many siblings do you have?
Two, a brother and a sister, both older.

When was the last time you cried?
You know, I don't remember. I remember the circumstances; I was reading something and I was already a little emotional, but whatever it was just totally set me off. I'm not usually a crier though.

Favorite Movie?
Pacific Rim. And Guardians of the Galaxy. But mostly Pacific Rim.

Favorite TV show?
It's currently Babylon 5. I say currently because it's been ages since I've rewatched any of the show and...I've noticed that my tastes have changed and that the stuff that I could mostly ignore before leaves me impatient and complaining now. But I think it'll probably stay Babylon 5.

PC or Mac?
PC. Never owned a Mac, but there's just so many things that don't run on them from what I've heard.
Can you cook?

Yup - and I'm pretty good at it too, if I do say so myself. I like cooking more than baking, to be honest, because I like being able to sample as I cook and add more if the food needs it.


I actually liked these questions and totally tag anyone that's interested. Now, I'd say I'm off to eat cake, but I'd have to make it myself because I've got that whole gluten free thing going on and I simply don't have the energy for it. Maybe I'll eat one of those Daiya gluten free/dairy free cheesecakes. Those are awesome.